Monday, January 24, 2011

My Hair Regime

It would only make sense if I posted how I'm taking care of my hair these days.. I will say that NOW (as of 1/1/11), I decided that I would take super good care of my hair & come up with a hair schedule/regime.

Currently, I have been washing my hair with shampoo & conditioner (I use to be a co-wash girl, but some skin issues have changed that for me.) I've been using Suave Professionals Damage Care Shampoo & Suave Professionals Humectant Conditioner. I added some olive oil into the conditioner to give it a little more ump. Also, I detangle my  hair with the conditioner in using my Denman brush & a wide tooth comb.

While my hair is dripping wet, I apply either Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter moisturizer or B&B Mayonnaise & Honey. I just like how both of those products smell and how they add just enough shine & moisture to my hair. (I'll be doing product reviews soon!)

To protect my ends, I gently detangle my hair using a wide tooth comb. Recently, I've been loving the big curl look, so I do about 6 or 8 flat twists around my head (I'll post pics later!). Depending on what time I wash my hair, I'll sit under the dryer. If I'm tired I'll just put my satin bonnet on & go to bed.



The next day, I make sure my hair is 100% dry before I take the twists out. Fluffing my hair up to look fuller gives me the exact look I'm going for. To keep the style up, I re-twist my hair up every night using a mixture of conditioner & water in a spray bottle & shea butter to seal the ends. Here's a pic of my hair tonight.. Tomorrow is my wash day.






I try to wash my hair once a week, but since its been so cold I've been trying to push it to once every 2 weeks. I'm also trying to decide if I want to "hide" my hair for a while, using a sew in weave or braids.

1 comment:

  1. This is coo..I jus chopped all my hair off..so now I'm completely natural! It's not long enough to do twists and all those things yet, but these are still some good tips to go by.

    ReplyDelete