Friday, January 7, 2011

My Hair Journey

Over the past 5 years, my hair has changed so much. In high school, I was always stretching my relaxer. I would relax my hair maybe 2 times a year & by the summer time I was natural. After graduating, I was 100% relaxed & damaged. Then I went back natural for the first official time. The first time natural was great. I was loving my hair's natural curls..... Then I started hair school, January of 2008 & the girls there thought it would be good if I relaxed my hair so I could do more with it. I fell for it & relaxed my hair and hated every bit of it. I had to quit hair school because of financial issues & decided to start fresh with my hair again. I cut almost all of my hair off. In about a year, I gained all my length back with braids & it was healthier than ever. Since then, I have been natural & loving everything about it from the wash & go styles to some braided styles. I will say that I haven't been taking care of my hair like I should & it shows in my strands. Stress & lack of care has taken a toll and now I'm trying to get my luscious curls back again.



As of right now, I'm back to baby-ing my hair. I just cut about an inch of split ends & knots off earlier this week. Just with that trim, I can see that my hair is bouncing back like it should be. I'll be updating my hair status every month or so. Maybe I'll post pics of my styles and create some type of regime to healthy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment