Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shampoo: Silent Killer!!

I have never really been a fan of shampoo.. And being 2.5 weeks post relaxer, I finally realized why my hair wasn't as soft as it should have been. I just washed & did a flexirod set on my hair (6.13.11) using only conditioner and my hair was back to it's normal silkiness.

When I first used the shampoo & conditioner 1 week after my relaxer (Herbal Essence Hello Hydration), I noticed my hair was hard & kinda stiff. The 2nd week I used the same shampoo & conditioner and attempted a roller set and again, my hair was hard & stiff even with some setting lotion. This last wash I just used conditioner and my hair was so soft & manageable. I know a lot of natural hair wearers don't use shampoo daily, and I never used it daily either. I would shampoo my hair about once or twice a month.. My hair loves conditioner!!

Now I know someone reading this is probably wondering "Does the conditioner clean like the shampoo?", "Is safe to just use conditioner?", "What are the effects of using only conditioner?". And my response to those questions are: Yes, the conditioner cleans just as well as the shampoo. The conditioner adds moisture back into your hair without stripping it away like most shampoos are made to do. The effects of using just using conditioner are that your hair will be very moisturized, soft, and clean.


Just try using shampoo possibly once a month, your hair will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment