Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How I Deep Condition My Hair.

Today I'm going to wash my hair & do a deep conditioning since I'm trying to gain a significant amount of length before I relax my hair again (I'm going to do that sometime in November). First you need a good, thick, moisturizing conditioner. I personally love any version of Cholesterol or African Pride's mayo conditioners.

What I normally do when deep conditioning is wash my hair once with my shampoo (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration), wash it again with the conditioner, and then apply the deep conditioner on heavy. I put a shower cap over it and sit under a warm dryer for about 30 minutes. This helps your hair to absorb as much conditioner as possible. Once the 30 minutes are up, I rinse it out with warm water and to seal my cuticles, I use cold water the last minute or so. After that I continue on with styling, which can be a roller set or blow dry. Make sure that if you are going to use another heat appliance (blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron) that you apply a heat protectant before each appliance. Not using a heat protector is just defeating the purpose of deep conditioning.

Here's a video of someone deep conditioning their hair. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment